- Free Guy, Act 2, Scene 3: A Masterclass in the Power of Dialogue
- Aliens Don't Need Patience. They Probably Have Something Stronger.
- Free Guy gave me ALL the feels
- [Review] The Care and Feeding of Waspish Widows, by Olivia Waite
- [Review] The Space Between Us, by Megan Hart
- Review: Jen Calonita's “Conceal, Don't Feel”
- Romance Is Science Fiction
- Frozen Is a Romance
- Review: And Shall Machines Surrender, by Benjanun Sriduangkaew
- Watching the Brain Eater Rage Within His Gilded Cage
- Meme: Thirty Questions About Writing
- Reasons to Trunk a Novel: No Theme or Premise
- Honest Impulses, a Post-Mortem
- Logical, alive, and slightly to the left of wicked.
- How To Break A Closed Heart: Seanan McGuire's “Every Heart a Doorway”
- Pursuing the audience that wants rougher, less consensual sex
- Give your character false goals at first.
- Diluting the Premise, or Adding to the Awesome?
- A bit of a work in progress, “After The Revolution.”
- New Story! “Sterlings: Press Release.”
- Iain M. Banks was 'The Next Tolkien.'
- I never have perfect ideas, but I often write good stories!
- The painter's house is never painted, the cobbler's children go without shoes
- Good writers explain. Great writers tell stories.
- The missing scene from Yowlers
- “I've always loved dogs.”
- The Star Kingdom of Arendelle is finished. Blessed be.
- Disney vs. the Beat Sheet
- Why I love fanfic writers...
- The hot scene missing from every 50 Shades of Grey clone
- Only erotica and George Lucas have celebration scenes
- Showing Too Much.
- When will it be okay to write gay villains again?
- Good news, and apologies...
- Nicholson Baker, House Of Holes
- New Story: Journal Entry 129 / 1694, “Gabriel”
- Character names, a nifty trick for getting them right in contemporary writing
- Absolutely the best writing advice available today.
- Fixed that bug...
- The new trailer for Tron Legacy is out.
- On where to put your black swans.
- New Story, “Fortune Cookie.”
- Three Things For Today.
- Review: Jeanette Winterson, The Stone Gods
- New Story! And bonus stories by others!
- The Lead, And How to Swing It
- Annoyed at myself for being annoyed at myself for being annoyed at myself...
- Why I'm mad about it...
- A premature book review: Jeanette Winterson's The Stone Gods
- This years Literary Bad Sex awards are out!
- New Story: Bujumbura 1994
- New engine installed...
- Taking catgirls seriously...
- Knowing when to stop.
- Truer words were never written
- The agony of metadata...
- “Murder your darlings...”
- Rainforest Writer's Retreat and a lack of self-discovery
- Gone to my happy place.
- 2800 words today.
- Review: Iain Banks Matter
- A writing post-mortem
- Storyboarding A Novel with Post-It Notes
- Getting caught up.
- Iain Banks, Matter (the beginning)
- Back in the groove, for a moment...
- The Theory of Fun: A valuable resource for science fiction writers.
- Bubble, bubble: What to do when there's no chemistry?
- Personal cliches
- Cut off in mid-idea.
- Do fantasy writers give the night short shrift?
- Petri Dish, Fixed
- How not to do foreshadowing: Karin Huxman's Sea Change
- Dear Muse....
- First draft progress: A Pleasing Shape
- Review: Saturn's Children, by Charlie Stross
- Really odd question...
- I have been remiss... New Stories!
- So, Muse walks onto the trading floor and has an analogy...
- The current economic crisis as failed singularity event
- Not a great week, but not a bad week
- My apologies...
- Explaining the Seattle Chill
- The Borderlands of Human/AI Interaction
- I have to admit that I'm finding this a little discomfitting...
- When a writer has it bad...
- If X is Y, then...
- Time and space to think
- Ack! New stories!
- How to write (really)
- Sorry about that...
- New Story, “Razing Castles!”
- Muse and I, Sittin' In A Tree
- Defining Deviancy Up: The Red Rose Conviction
- I've still got. It doesn't go away.
- Writing without interruption
- New Story: Kaede & Eshi, Connected Together
- New stories: A dweam within a dweam!
- The Medium Shapes The Messenger: Authorial Voice And The Mode Of Writing
- The Mystic Treefort series has been posted to 'Short Stories and Ephemera'
- New Story: Polly & Tere
- As promised: Polly and Saul
- IM IN YUR NOSTALGIA, RUININ YUR CHILDHOOD MEMRIES
- I am so gonna ruin your childhood.
- How bizarre!
- Post-novel depression
- Sterling progress
- Pixel-stained technopeasant gives away story, destroys market for SF Erotica.
- Pluck me!
- Is it burnout? That I'm 40? That I'm a dad?